Monday, September 12, 2011

Pronouns

Pronouns


Pronouns are small words that take the place of a noun. We can use a pronoun instead of a noun. Pronouns are words like: he, you, ours, themselves, some, each... If we didn't have pronouns, we would have to repeat a lot of nouns. We would have to say things like:

• Do you like the president? I don't like the president. The president is too pompous.

With pronouns, we can say:

• Do you like the president? I don't like him. He is too pompous.

Personal Pronouns

I, me, you, he, him, she...

Demonstrative Pronouns

this, that, these, those

Possessive Pronouns

mine, yours, his...

Interrogative Pronouns

who, what, which...

Reflexive Pronouns

myself, yourself, himself...

Reciprocal Pronouns

each other, one another

Indefinite Pronouns

another, much, nobody, few, such...

Relative Pronouns

who, whom, which...

Pronoun Case

subjective, objective, possessive

That's Not My Job!

This is a story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody.

No comments:

Post a Comment